Living our faith and enriching lives. That’s what our outreach programs are all about.
Jesus tells us to love one another, and at St. John, we strive to have a positive impact on others and help those in need. We have tons of opportunities to do just that as part of this team.
There are so many opportunities, that dates and times vary. We’re looking for as many volunteers as we can find who can offer their time, talent and treasures. With everybody pitching in, you don’t have to worry about overcommitting – just help out as your schedule allows. Whatever you can do, it will warm your heart… and even more importantly, brighten someone else’s life.
Our outreach programs include:
- Donating gently used items to De Pere Christian Outreach Thrift Shop
- Donating food to De Pere Christian Outreach Food Pantry
- Donating items and working at De Pere Christian Outreach Christmas Store
- Donating food or serving meals on the first Saturday of each month at the New Community Shelter – a non-profit organization that provides emergency and temporary shelter, meals, education, resource referrals and support to men and women, while assisting them in their transition to permanent shelter and a self-sustaining lifestyle
- Visiting residents or assisting with activities and chapel services at Woodside Lutheran Home
- Working alongside Catholic Charities in Refugee Relief- welcoming refugees to the GB area.
- Supporting Lutheran World Relief
- And much more
For more information, contact:
The church office